Answers are just a click away
Using GRAND Business Insights™, our wholesale distribution clients can answer the most important questions on all facets of their company. Click the topics below to see some of the questions where answers are just a click away.
- What is the net profit contributed by each of our customers? By each of our products?
- What customers and what items have had the largest decline (or the largest gain) in sales?
- What customers and what items have had the largest decline (or the largest gain) in gross margin ?
- How does each salesman’s unit pricing compare to other salesmen?
- What customers have recently stopped buying from us? What items did they stop buying?
- What items have recently stopped selling altogether?
- Could we better capitalize on cross-sell and/or up-sell opportunities?
- Which of our sales promotions have been most effective?
- What are the top items sold to Company ABC in terms sales? In terms of profitability?
- How many new customers did we recently add and what are their annualized sales?
- What outside salesperson has the highest customer churn? How does the average customer tenure vary by customer segment?
- What is the net operating profit (or loss) contributed by each inventory SKU’s?
- What are the fastest turning inventory SKUs?
- From which vendors does the company carry the largest percentage of slow turning inventory?
- What are inventory turns by BIN location?
- How are inventory turns trending by division?
- How do inventory balances compare to those targeted? What SKUs are over the targeted levels?
- Which items have too much stock on hand?
- Which SKUs have excess on hand quantities at one branch, while having too little of the same SKU at other branches?
- Which recent vendor cost increase will most negatively impact the bottom line if selling prices aren’t adjusted?
- Why does my ERP system suggest we stock so much of an item?
- Which special order items should we consider stocking?
- Which items have the lowest gross margin return on investment (GMROI)?
- What is an estimate of the loss that may be associated with on hand slow moving inventories?
- Have you defined the Vision, Mission, and Unique Selling Proposition for your company?
- Are your organizational resources aligned with your strategic goals and objectives?
- Have you defined a clear Go-to-Market Strategy?
- Do you have a 3-Year Summary Plan, and if so, does it align with your Vision and Strategy?
- Are there any Financial Constraints that will impact your 3-year Financial Goals?
- What are your company’s Strengths and Weaknesses and how do they impact your Strategic Plan?
- Have you assessed Opportunities and Threats that are relevant to your competitive positioning?
- Have you broken down Strategic Objectives into manageable Initiatives and defined the Actions, timeframes and resources needed to achieve each Initiative?
- What Strategic Initiative is the most behind Goal?
- Which Actions have been most impactful to your Initiative to increase sales?
- Did you appoint Initiative Champions and assign Actions to Team Members?
- Which Initiative Champion is most ahead of their Goal?
- Which team member has most contributed to the results of our Strategic Plan?
- What is our company’s return on investment (“ROI”) and how is it trending?
- How does our company’s ROI compare to the industry?
- What are the “levers” for improving company ROI?
- How does our company compare to the industry for each of these levers?
- How do major overhead expenses vary by division as a percent of sales?
- What is our return on assets (“ROA”), and how is it trending?
- Which selling expenses jumped so much this month?
- Which increase in our expenses had the most negative impact on our profitability?
- How can I easily drill down from a financial statement line item, into the underlying GL accounts, and further into the full GL posting details with a click of a mouse?
A/R and A/P Answers
- What customer segment has the slowest paying customers?
- What are the monthly past due and days to pay trends for each customer?
- What customers should I send collection letters to?
- Are the average days to pay and AR aging trends of each customer improving or worsening?
- What are the past due A/R balances by salesman so I can solicit their help in collecting?
- What unpaid invoices are on the books that are over 180 days old? Which are over 365 days old?
- What is an estimate of the bad debt loss that may be associated with past due receivables?
- What is the average days to pay for each of our vendors?
- Which vendor has the largest percent of past due invoices?
- Which open vendor POs are delaying open sales orders?
- What are the open POs by vendor and which PO lines are past the vendor’s promised date?
- How are the company’s headcounts trending in total, by department, or by location?
- What are the gross pay trends as a percentage of sales over the past 2 years by division and/or by department?
- How do biweekly gross pay trends compare to budgeted levels by division and department?
- How do overtime levels compare by division, department, employee title and/or employee?
- What are the employee productivity trends for each department?
- How do hourly pay rates compare across divisions, departments or positions?
- What are the average salaries by position? How do they vary by Location?
- Which employees are paid significantly over (or under) the company average for their department or position?
- What is the employee turnover rate for each location? For each department? How is it trending?